Tuesday, September 22, 2009

CTS 996: getting over a cold

Today I passed up a chance to do an early morning 10K run with the gf. I'm still sick from over the weekend and when we did the distance on Sunday, it was brutal. I had no energy for the hill climbs and my pace reverted to a trot.

Yesterday wasn't any better. My legs still felt sore and I had no energy.

Today my legs had energy but I don't think I did mentally. It was the first time I've ever reached Clifton Road on the Middlebear run and not completed it. Instead, I turned back and crossed Ponce to run along the pretty Lullwater.

It was nice to recon the area because finally the sculpture in Freedom Park is finished and two of the three "feet" looking pieces now gush water.

On the other side of the run, the By Way and Springdale intersection is still being worked on but there was traffic access on Springdale only.

My pace felt ok. Hopefully soon I will too.

Time: noon
Temp: 74.5 degrees
Gear: SST (UNLV), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus/D4.

No comments: