Saturday, March 1, 2008

Stuck on 58 degrees

I procrastinated until just now to run, I skirted through my neighborhood, avoiding the busy Virginia-Highland bar district. Everyone is out walking since it's so nice out.

Running through the quiet neighborhoods reminded me of the fact I'll likely have to do this more as the year goes on and it gets hot hot hot here in the Atl. It's funny that most of my running routine is at night. In the winter the days are shorter, in the summer, it's crazy to be out running when you can do the same in the shade (night).

I liked seeing the Midtown skyline as I went down the hill. Back on North Highland, I nearly pitched a fit when it looked like a white Volkswagen was going to slowly roll through the crosswalk and hit me. I was already being careful since you can't assume the driver will see you at night and I'd rather not be run over, especially on a rare instance in which I just ran out of the house with no ID.

No comments: