Friday, March 28, 2008

Not trusting your inner Ferrari (Day 454)

After a long day that included more than four hours of driving, I really procrastinated running but wanted to get out before it got dark.

I headed up N. Highland but my calf muscles, as usual, felt like they had no energy in them. Not wanting to follow a line of cars up to Ponce, I turned down a side street and started trudging up the hill to Briarcliff.

I expected to stop. But I didn't. I went up the hill and then down Briarcliff to the By Way and by then decided I would do my Oakdale loop with its very nice hills.

I am not sure what to make of this. Usually you are supposed to listen to your body. But what if, after 454 continuous days of running (and lots of age), there continually are indicator lights on all the time?

Maybe my leg strength is increasing and they've just become stubborn mules accustomed to such punishment. I did feel my knees take a pounding and might retire my other pair of Air Pegs (the A5's) for better cushioning.

Temp: 70 degrees Gear: SST (Carolina), shorts.

No comments: