Saturday, June 13, 2015

Day 3,086: What turns an easy run into a tempo run? Music.


Today I had four easy miles on the schedule so I thought it would be a perfect time to try out my new 7th generation iPod and more importantly, a pair of wireless running headphones.

Back in the day I loved running with music but it was pesky to have the headphone cord sometimes yanked out. So when I saw the new iPods had this capability, I was very curious.

I bought a pair of Jaybuds Bluebuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones after reading some reviews on different kinds of wireless headphones.

When I started running this morning I didn't think they were going to work well. The cord that connects the two earbuds together was flopping around behind my neck but later in the run everything was fine.

I found that the music made me want to run faster and I ended up running what I should have run Thursday for my 3-mile tempo run.

Bluetooth makes for a nifty way to listen to music during the run. The headphones offer decent, but not exemplary, sound quality -- I felt like when I was back at home the earbuds that came with my Galaxy S6 smartphone were better for overall sound so I plugged those in for listening around the house.

But for running, I may be hooked on workouts with wireless headphones.

Temp: 70 degrees (88 percent humidity)
Gear: Technical T-shirt, short (2014 Publix Half Marathon In Training), shorts, Saucony Iso Zealot.

No comments: