Thursday, June 11, 2015

Day 3,084: 3-mile tempo run

This morning I headed out for my first tempo run of this half-marathon training. Because all three half marathons I'm signed up for are hilly, I decided to run it along the Summerfest 5K route that I just raced this past weekend.

I felt like being able to run it at a pace well below my goal tempo pace (8:04/mile) during the 5K would be a confidence booster.

But during the tempo run, my goal pace never materialized. The best I got was 8:34/mile for the first mile and then nuttin' after. I pretty much called it a day after the first tempo mile, although I finished the run for 5 miles total.

It was a nice enough morning to run even if I didn't make my goal.

This afternoon I received my confirmation email for the Peachtree Road Race and I got into Group A. It's been an interesting year. I guess with pushing a double stroller since the end of September has really strengthened me and continuing to do speed intervals has also helped give me speed and confidence that I never thought was possible, especially this late in my running career.

Time: 6:31 a.m.
Temp: 70 degrees (100 percent humidity)
Gear: Technical T-shirt, short (Publix Half Marathon 2014, shorts, Saucony Iso Zealot).

No comments: