Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Milestone: 3,000 consecutive days

Taking a break from the run in Piedmont Park
Today I remembered to wear green, got the baby in the single BOB stroller, dropped off mail and the wife's dry cleaning and picked up some milk and bread at Trader Joe's before rolling into Piedmont Park.

Only today's St. Paddy's Day run was a little different: It was the 3,000th day of the streak.

Even after all this time -- and the last 11,196.82 miles -- I don't really know what the streak is about. It is part hobby, part obsession.

I'm not sure where the streak will lead and when it will end but I'm thankful for everything the streak has done for me, from four marathons to breaking PRs set in my 20s.

Now it's back to what I really love, the minutia of the run -- what distance I'll run, the temperature, deciding the right gear for the run and then the pace.

And not having to worry about the streak for another 1,000 days.

Time: 9:17 a.m.
Temp: 52 degrees
Gear: Semi-technical T-shirt, short (Summerfest 5K 2013), shorts, Nike Zoom Air Pegasus+ 31.

2 comments:

Frank McDonald said...

Congratulations on 3000 straight days of running, over the past eight years!

Are you running any of the Publix Georgia events on Sunday?

kurokitty said...

Thanks! I am not running in any of the events this year. I'd thought I might register for the half marathon at the last minute but we have a family photo session planned for race day. Have a great race!