Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Day 2,994: Grocery getter

Today I spun the double stroller in the direction of Ansley Square Mall to drop off a few race entry forms at the running store Phidippides. It's extremely nice when you can sign up for races at a store instead of having to pay online fees.

I've signed up for the April 11 Atlanta Dogwood Festival 5K and of course, the June 6 Va-Hi Summerfest 5K, which long has been my home course.

While I was waiting for the store employee to file the race entry forms, I glanced at the store's clearance rack. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a pair of the extremely great Brooks Spartan III running pants in my exact size. I bought a pair of these last November for the full rack price of $85.

Here they were $59, or about 30 percent off! I won't need them likely until next winter but it means I can donate a few pairs of older running pants that are too long for me.

Later we rolled into the Publix store since we were in dire need of groceries. A double BOB stroller has ample space to haul things in its undercarriage basket and I found I was able to hold 3 12-packs of Diet Coke underneath, plus other groceries!

I was a little fearful of how heavy the stroller would be on the way back but it was mostly ok. First really hot day so far and I felt the humidity on the way back.

Time: 11:06 a.m.
Temp: 68 degrees
Gear: T-shirt, short (Beat the Street for Little Feet 5K), shorts, Nike Air Zoom Pegasus+ 31.

No comments: