Sunday, March 29, 2015

Day 3,012: Cold weather, really? I just packed up my winter running gear

This morning I found myself back at Piedmont Park for 4 x .75-mile intervals (1/4-mile recovery) and, thanks to it being 27 degrees outside I pretty much had the place to myself.

One problem was a few days earlier I finally cleared out my dresser of my winter running clothes -- including donating a few pairs of running pants -- since the season had changed, right?

Right?

Well, I had to get the winter running clothes box out of the closet and raid it. I picked out two long-sleeve technical T-shirts and even though I knew I probably would want to wear shorts, I broke out my Brooks Spartan III running pants.

When I got to the park, I was extremely tired but piped up when the watch beeped "Go." It actually felt pretty good to be doing my intervals again. Halfway through I wished I was wearing shorts and after the third interval I put one of the technical shirts up on a wire fence, knowing that I would be back in 5 minutes to claim it!

My data for this one: 7:33, 7:27, 7:17, 7:16. I like that the splits are getting progressively faster in this workout.

Hopefully it'll be useful in an upcoming race.

No comments: