Saturday, September 13, 2014

Day 2,823: My first 60-mile week

Today's 10-mile easy run gave me 60.41 miles for the week, the most I've ever run in a 7-day period.

I ran 58.99 miles for the week of August 15-21 in 2010 (just eight weeks before the Bank of America Chicago Marathon) but that included an 18-miler and a 20-miler.

For this past week, the most I ran in a day was a 16-mile run on Sunday. I ran 10 miles or more for four of the seven days.

Today's run was hot but not quite as hot as on Friday. Just before 5 miles I stopped into Colony Square and drank some very nicely chilled water from a water fountain in the W hotel. I was completely soaked by the time I turned around at the 5th Street overpass (lots of people tailgating for the Georgia Tech game).

Then around mile 7 I was thankful that Big Peach Midtown on Peachtree Street had a water cooler out. I drank about five cups of water there. Drank about two full bottles of Gatorade after I came back.

Time: 8:50 a.m.
Temp: 73 degrees (94 percent humidity)
Gear: Technical T-shirt, short (Asics blue), shorts, Saucony Kinvara 5.


No comments: