Friday, September 12, 2014

Day 2,822: Just crazy heat

At this point in my marathon training I normally wouldn't even bother to write about a measly 6-mile run but I'm doing so today because of the crazy heat and humidity.

It had rained earlier in the morning so outside it just felt steamy. I also noticed a difference when the handlebars of the BOB stroller were completely soaked. I don't even think I'd run 1.5 miles yet and I was looking for a dry spot to hold on to.

At about four miles my shirt and shorts were completely soaked, something that I can expect if I'm running for maybe twice as long as I was.

I thought about just shelving the run for the day but I kept at it and was happy to get home. I drank a full bottle of Gatorade even though I stopped for water twice in the park.

Later on when I saw my data, I couldn't believe it -- it was 75 degrees with 89 percent humidity! It will be nice when the cool weather sets in for the season.

Time: 8:44 a.m.
Gear: Technical T-shirt, short (CS yellow), shorts, Saucony Kinvara 5.

No comments: