Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 1,493: Slip sliding away (Peachtree Road Race)

Today I discovered that I'll likely run in Group B instead of Group A for the Peachtree Road Race.

I found this out by looking at their time qualification chart.

In the past, there were only two qualification times that mattered for people who weren't seeded or sub-seeded runners: The first was a 10K time under 54:59 to get you into Group B and a time under 50 minutes to get you into Group A.

This year to get into Group A you need a 10K time under 47:59 (47:50 is my PR), under 23:01 for a 5K (I've done this twice last year in the Virginia-Highland Summerfest 5K and the Atlanta Race2Recycle but I don't know if they will count towards this) or a half-marathon under 1:45:47.

Oh well, looks like being in Group B will suffice!

No comments: