Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 1,380: A day later...

WESTERN SPRINGS, Ill. -- After I ran in the ING Georgia Marathon in March, it took me four days before I could run a mile in less than 11 minutes.

Today, right off the bat, I was able to do that in the first mile of my short run. In my second mile, I did under 10 minutes and I even hit 8:16 at the end, which is very close to my fiancee's training run pace.

So I'm thankful for conditioning.

During the marathon, I developed a blister on the heel of my left foot, probably a condition of only having about 30 miles on my shoes prior to the race. As you can see in the photo above, it became a little aggravated during this short run (reminding me of Curt Schilling's bloody sock during the Boston Red Sox's World Series run) but everything's fine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OW!

One tip. I'm guessing you know this, but have you tried Body Glide? That solved my friction/blister issues.

kurokitty said...

Awesome, tx!