Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 1,373: Time for the long-sleeved shirts

With a morning at 47 degrees and nursing a cold from over the weekend, I brought out my long-sleeved technical T-shirts for the first time on a run to get a haircut.

I think I've been the most nervous before this year's two marathon races because I'm not sure how to properly taper. I've been taking it easy. I hope the training will do the trick.

My plan so far is to try to run with either the 3:55 or the 4-hour pacing groups. My corral, D, for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon has the 3:55 group as its slowest, so I'll see how it goes. It would be nice to run even 2 -hour splits and try to see what kind of reserves I have at the very end.

That said, it'll be great to just finish the marathon cleanly -- no calf issues, etc. Every race is different and I have to make sure I just enjoy it.

Time: 10 a.m.
Temp: 47 degrees
Gear: CFLST (Kennesaw Locomotive Half Marathon), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 26/D.


No comments: