Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 1,228: Will run for food

When I run, and maybe because I run every day, I like to incorporate errands into my workouts.

So that takes me to the post office, the grocery store, and even to places that offer free food. In the past, I have run for a free IKEA breakfast and even a free Krispy Kreme donut for President Obama's inauguration.

I had a coupon for a free Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich that was given out to employees of my office building. Only thing was, I was at home.

No problem. I decided that even though I ran downtown yesterday, I'd do it one more time for that free sandwich.

My legs felt pretty good and even though it was warm out, I ended up getting a nice cool breeze and a little bit of shade on the way back.

I also ran into a friend outside the CNN Center, which made the run even more delightful.

-----------------------

With this run, I've put more than 400 miles on my running shoes. Unlike previous pairs, I feel like these shoes still are OK and likely will continue wearing them a little while longer.

Late last night, I happened to find a pair of Nike Air Pegasus+ running shoes for $55, which is about $30 off the regular price. So I ordered them, even though I have a replacement for the current pair with only 22 miles on them so far.

Time: noon
Temp: 70 degrees
Gear: CFSST (red), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 26.

2 comments:

Matthew R Williams said...

I envy those who live in "real" cities. Although I am a mere 5K run from my door to my office downtown, it is along an area of no sidewalks, no medians, and mostly no curbs (and even a highway thrown in the mix). I would gladly run to work once a week (Fridays are half days and are casual dress) or run to grab dinner (mmm Zaxby's is 2.5 miles away now) if the road conditions were safer. Keep up your running, just know us non-city dwellers are jealous!

kurokitty said...

Thanks! Be careful out there!