Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 1,227: Going long

It's been a month since I ran in the Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten-Miler, my last run of 10 or more miles.

In the past I'd made it a point to try to run that distance at least once a week. But there was a heat spell and I just wasn't properly motivated.

Today I had no excuse. I slept in until I felt my legs were really well rested and then I went along the way, starting on Los Angeles on the back part of the ING Georgia Marathon course.

It turned into a nice run with a cool breeze the whole time, although darker clouds threatened rain. It was cool enough that I didn't stop anywhere for water and instead just enjoyed the course and the sights along the way.

Time: 3:20 p.m.
Temp: 70 degrees
Gear: CFSST (Carolina), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 26.

No comments: