Thursday, October 18, 2007

Going long and seeding clouds

Yesterday I just had the urge to run for a while. So I started out from home, down Virginia to 10th Street and onto the famous Peachtree. It's great to run through different areas, not only for variety but also because you see lots of things you wouldn't normally see, especially in a car.

A big portion of Midtown on Peachtree between 10th and 14th streets is under construction, one area with just a big gaping hole like when I visited Ground Zero in New York a year after the terrorist attacks.

I made my way down past the art museum and to the Borders where I would usually go on those runs to take advantage of the water fountain and read poker books.

I was glad though that I made a slightly longer-than-usual run for Day 290 -- my ankle didn't hurt, my newer shoes felt fresh.

Best of all though was being able to take down half a pitcher of Leiny's Sunset Wheat with a rack of ribs with Sham later on at Manny's. (No way did either one of us finish the rack + 1/2 each that the generous staff gave us)

------------------

This morning I was halfway through my commute to work when I felt drops of rain. Short of me deciding to wash my car, being outside on a bike with no windbreaker is like cloud seeding for the chance of rain.

Luckily though I was able to make it to work without a lot of rain pouring down. Going home will be another story, however...

No comments: