Monday, June 18, 2007

Lower Kula Road

KULA, Hi. -- Today I decided I would do most of the Kula Post Office run but cut it short at the top of the hill before the post office.

I ran out, along the Kula Highway to the fire station, looped back and then climbed up the hill to run along Lower Kula Road, which pretty much runs parallel to the Kula Highway.

It's so much better of a run, IMO, because there really isn't much traffic and when cars do pass you, they're only going 30-40 mph instead of 55-65.

I ran down to the Holy Ghost Church, a landmark you can see all the way from the bottom of the mountain. It was great also because there are restrooms near the church gift shop.

Then I ran back up, bought an overpriced bottle of water from the Morihara Store, and since it was so expensive, lugged it all the way back home. Three dogs along the way on Lower Kula but they were all fenced in.

No comments: