Friday, August 4, 2017

Day 3,869: Tread troubles: Saucony ISO Zealot 2

Trouble with tread: My Saucony ISO Zealot 2 after 275 miles.
After bringing my first pair of Saucony ISO Zealot 2s to 500 miles last December, it's clear my second pair won't last that long.

At least the tread doesn't appear to be able to last that long. The other day I noticed the orange rubber of the outsole start to peel off. Today it's clearly worn down to the foam, not a good sign. Most times after 500 miles there's hardly any wear on the treads of my shoes.

My theory is this shoe has extra wear from me using it during double stroller runs, having to push off on my right foot to get going, pushing close to 100 extra pounds.

In any event, these were basically my backup shoes, as I never wanted to race in this type of shoe again after I developed the stress fracture in my shin after last September's Craft Classic Half Marathon. (I'd already purchased these shoes before the injury and kept running in them for easy duty to get the most out of them for my money).

Still, for daily use, they were more than dependable. I'll still try to get as much out of them but probably will be hunting for a cushioned daily trainer.

No comments: