Monday, June 9, 2014

Day 2,717: The Pegasus 31s are out!

Placed my order today at Nike.com for a brand-new pair of Nike Air Pegasus+ 31s.

I'd previously gone through two pairs of Pegasus 30s (the current pair has 440+ miles on them) and would not have ordered the 31s so soon if I hadn't had a $25 coupon from redeeming points at My Coke Rewards.

Last December mcr.com had a special promo where I could redeem points for the Nike coupon for what amounted to half off.

I held onto that coupon until today. Without those points I likely would have bought a third pair of Pegasus 30s now that the price has dropped since the new model is out.

Although I enjoy running in my Skechers Go Run 2s, I really can feel the pounding in my knees whenever I am out for a 6-mile run. So I've been thinking of limiting running in that shoe to shorter courses.

*****
The week I was in the Netherlands and Belgium I had it really good -- the temperature for running was in the 50s-60s and no humidity.

Since I've been back, it's been the same old stuff -- today it was 72 degrees and super humid as always. I haven't had to bring a fresh shirt for the middle of a run yet -- but I've been tempted to.


No comments: