Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 1,853: 12-mile run

After lots and lots of procrastination today, went out for a 12-mile run to catch up on my miles for the week.

Run was extremely pleasant, despite the fact that I didn't want to run today. The weather started out at 48.6 degrees and climbed to 64 degrees. A single long-sleeved technical T-shirt worked for the entire run. I'm glad I didn't have a second shirt layer.

In races I usually eat a gel at about mile 9. Today I didn't have any energy gel or water but I could tell that I felt a little more tired than normal at about 11 miles or so.

Given my stiff shoe problems with my new shoes so far, I decided to wear my backups, my Adidas running shoes that I bought at Costco for $30 and use for walking/caching. They did fine.

Time: 11:30 a.m.
Temp: 48.6 degrees (climbed to 64)
Gear: Technical T-shirt, long (Atlanta Half Marathon '09), shorts, Adidas running shoes.

No comments: