Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 1,588: Running in the airport

SAN FRANCISCO -- On our way to Sydney, Australia and needing to get in a mile run to continue the streak, I decided to run inside the International Terminal of the airport.

At the time there weren't a lot of people around and I started up from the gate, ran down the long concourse and then double backed towards the gate where we left our OGG-SAN flight.

It was the first time I ran in an airport without luggage and needing to get somewhere. I was happy that you see people running in airports all the time and no one seems to mind.

I broke a light sweat although I don't think the Garmin watch picked up a signal inside the concourse. But 12 minutes of continuous running ought to buy me a mile, since it's a slower pace than my worst mile and I was running all the way.

No comments: