Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 1,585: A wedding, a 6-mile run


LAHAINA, Hi. -- On the day of my wedding, I was up early, having gone to bed only four hours earlier after hanging out with Gnome and Sham in my hotel room at the Grand Hyatt in Lahaina.

It was pretty early and I only thought I'd be able to eke out a 1-mile run. But as I started along the beach parks next to the hotel, I saw that the town of Lahaina wasn't too far away (about 3 miles away to be exact).

And a geocache that I wanted was there, so I headed out to it. It was fun running along the sandy parks, which had interpretive trail signs here and there.

After a mile, I reached the road and started along it. It was nice that it was so early there weren't many cars or people out. I reached my destination -- the lighthouse at the piers in town, snapped off a quick picture and made my way back.

No comments: