Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Peaking?

Today I didn't go out to run until about an hour until sundown. I wasn't really sure where I would go, but I ambled through the neighborhood, found myself on a road that leads into Piedmont Park, went up the path through the Atlanta Botanical Garden, out onto Piedmont, then along the edge of the park until I was back on Virginia Avenue again.

I feel like I was able to break in these shoes pretty early -- they only have about 22 miles on them. It made a difference, because they felt like I was on a cushion of air!

I hope I can stay motivated and continue the miles. In the past running about 3.4 miles during a run is enough to really drop weight.

Plus with the weather this good right now, it's neat to be out and about seeing the different neighborhoods and what's new.

It helps that it doesn't get dark until late since it gives a procrastinator like me plenty of time to get a run in.

No comments: