Saturday, April 5, 2008

In the rain

I like to run at night because 1). There's less runners out and 2). It's a lot cooler in temperature than during the day.

I especially like to run when it's raining because 1). There's less runners out and 2). It's a training challenge to focus.

Any idiot can run when it's nice out. It takes a different kind of running cat to be all-weather.

It was only drizzling when I started out yesterday so I left my new Novarra rain windbreaker at home and brought out a much lighter one that wasn't so waterproof.

Halfway into the run, it really was raining! I had no hat, so I really had to focus with rain all over my face and in my eyes.

So I got soaked but I didn't let on. I dodged the puddles and jumped over them and made my way home like a wet cat. Happiness is the warm shower afterward. Hanging up your muddy socks to dry is a badge of honor.

No comments: