Thursday, February 21, 2008

Rain: An experiment

The other evening when I ran over to Sham's to drink it was raining and I had on what I thought was a waterproof windbreaker. It turned out I had no such thing and on the very brief run (six minutes or so) I was pretty soaked.

So today, during the constant rain (43 degree weather) I decided I would try to double up on windbreakers that I thought were semi-decent. I wore my Pearl Izumi bike windbreaker underneath and then put on my Insport windbreaker, wearing my pretty much waterproof Nike running pants.

Well the pants came through in flying colors. But even in the short run of a mile or so, water began to seep through the second windbreaker.

So I'm at a loss right now. I have five windbreakers and none of them can repel water for a significant amount of time.

I'll have to be on the search for the perfect one that does. It helps to be all-weather.

No comments: