Monday, February 18, 2008

Back to the H Loop

I was feeling it today, so I decided I'd use the nice day (57 degrees) to crank out my first Middlebear H Loop in 8 months.

I'd mainly shied away from it because I'd been running lower mileage plus there are lots of hills to climb a lot closer to where I live.

I was happy though that maybe my hill training helped me climb the seven or so hills smoothly. The shorts and SST were sufficient, as were my high-mileage AP/A4s.

At about L2 there was a woman in her 20s that was steadily running up the course. At that point there was no way I could catch up with her and I was thinking hats off, since this is an extremely hard portion of the course to run.

But after L2 is L3 and I was more than a block ahead of her by the time I crested it.

At the 50-minute mark on Euclid I had to stop and stretch- I hadn't run that far in months, but resumed running (carefully) back on the PATH back home.

I was winded and sore, but it was worth it!

No comments: