Saturday, November 17, 2007

Will run for food (er, a good meal)

What a difference a healed ankle makes.

Last night I was craving the really good chicken and vegetable soup over at Las Palmeras.

So I put on some running gear (windbreaker, T-shirt, shorts) and threw a book in a daypack and ran over there. It's about 1.6 miles from my place, according to Google. I went with a windbreaker instead of the CFLST so I would be wearing reflectors.

About halfway there, when I was passing the local high school, I could feel I was getting a lot more speed out of my ankle.

The restaurant is very relaxed and has a friendly staff. I flipped through a book on hiking in Georgia while waiting for my food.

On the way back I ran at a pretty good clip. When it's cold out (it was about 42 degrees) I feel like I hardly overheat and can run faster.

This may start a new trend -- to motivate my running to farther places by running there instead of driving!

No comments: