Tuesday, November 13, 2007

For now, the ankle is back

It's amazing what a difference even a very minor problem can cause in running. For about a month now, I've had some queasiness in my left ankle (as described here). It doesn't hurt, is just sensitive, enough so I'll stop and walk if I can feel it.

But tonight, on a day that I've had two hours of sleep (because I had to be at work at 5:45 a.m. for a business earnings story) and my legs just felt tired, the ankle was back and I was out at full speed, even though I was so tired.

My only complaint is that my A5s felt really hard on the concrete walks of North Highland. They have 172.275 miles on them, so really are in the middle of being broken in. But still, maybe I should be alternating them with my A4s.

Weather was unseasonably warm, 65 degrees after 8 p.m. It got as high as 78 degrees earlier in the day but I wanted the weather to cool down before I set out.

No comments: