Sunday, September 23, 2007

Dark commute

After midnight last night I found myself on the bike path just because I didn't want to wait through a stoplight.

While most of it was lit, there was a whole section from N. Highland Bakery to the Freedom Park split for the Carter Center that wasn't. And that wasn't too pleasant.

If I just went on North Highland Avenue, the hill pitches are steeper than on the path. But that's better than the alternative.

My light is pretty good, but I really was going too fast to see much on the ground. One pothole I drove right over, I'm sure.

As I approached the covered area by the Carter Center split, some crazy woman was biking the other way, into the darkness. Not recommended.

And I won't be using that route to ride home again in the dark anytime soon.

No comments: