Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Athens -- Operation Kitty Run

ATHENS, Ga. -- This was the best idea ever. After I dropped off Kuro at the Small Animal Teaching Hospital for his chemo, I took off running on campus.

It was nice because hanging out with Susanne, I haven't had much time to run each day.

I followed directions I'd been given in the past to a coffee shop -- down Lumpkin in the Five Points section of town.

Passed the basketball arena and a track. At Five Points, I went on roads where runners had been on. I found myself in a neighborhood with few cars and giant homes. The perfect place to run.

I stopped by Waffle House for some grub and then came back along a row of Frat Houses. I hadn't reached six miles yet, so near the vet hospital I turned in towards campus, passing the Creamery and the Pharmacy School.

The kicker was the shower at the teaching hospital. I would be an uncomfortable, sweaty cat, without the shower. I'd brought a change of clothes, towels and soap and shampoo.

Mission Accomplished!

No comments: