Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Day 3,846: Back on the Silver Comet


DALLAS, Ga. -- I had to replace a geocache I have on the Silver Comet Trail so we headed over with the double stroller.

I don't normally go shirtless but I ended up having to because the only shirt I had on me -- or in the car -- was a cotton T-shirt from the Richmond Children's Hospital Foundation 4-Miler  from September 2013.

In no time that shirt started to get soaked in the 79-degree, humid weather. Normally I'll wear a technical T-shirt on runs but when I do any kind of geocaching that involves woods I don't. That's because sticks easily catch on those kinds of shirts and they end up tearing or being pocked with holes.

We parked at the Rambo Trailhead, had a brief picnic at the tables there and then headed on our way.

Right before we got to our geocache, we had to enter a tunnel that goes under the street above. When we were in it, we heard a mechanical whirring sound from a car -- that's not a good thing to hear when you're in the middle of a tunnel!

I turned around and it was the smart car of the Paulding County Sheriff's Office on patrol! As soon as I exited the tunnel, I pulled aside to let them by. Two officers were crammed in the little car.

It's nice that they continue to patrol this section of trail. I saw one runner, a lady walking her dog and a few cyclists while we were here.

It felt nice to run shirtless, and it really didn't feel too different from when I wear a singlet.

Later on we drove over to the trailhead in Hiram for a short geocache hunt while the kiddos ate Chick-fil-A icedream cones in the stroller. It was a nice outing for everyone involved!

No comments: