Saturday, July 8, 2017

Day 3,842: 15,000 miles for the streak!


I didn't get too far today, running less than 3 miles when I needed a little less than 8 to put up 15,000 miles for the run streak.

But then, later in the afternoon, I got a second wind. Part of it was it was during the hottest part of the day -- 90 degrees. I knew I was properly heat acclimated and wanted to prove it -- so I set out to do the remaining 4.8 miles I needed.

It was nice. I got sweaty. At about 2.6 miles the Atlanta United sleeveless training jersey I wore started to bead sweat right on my back as it did the first time I wore it. It felt weird the remaining 3.25 miles of the run.

But I did it. I finished near the Active Oval in Piedmont Park, so I trotted up there for a picture.

My daily average has risen to more than 3.9 miles a day since the last time I checked. Will be interesting to see what else is in store.

Time: 2:55 p.m.
Temp: 90 degrees
Gear: sleeveless training jersey (Atlanta United), shorts, Nike RN Free Distance.

No comments: