Thursday, April 6, 2017

Day 3,749: Another half marathon, for cheap

It's a good time to be a half marathon runner.
Up until yesterday, I wasn't sure what had happened to the Craft Classic Half Marathon in Atlanta. Last September's race seemed to be a success but when it came time to announcing the dates for sister races in San Diego and elsewhere, Atlanta's name was nowhere to be found.

But the race is back! It will take place Sept. 9 and is now owned by Junction 311 Endurance Sports with Roadrunner Sports as a presenting sponsor. Plus, they announced that the first 100 registrants would be able to run it for only $50.

As of this evening, there were still spots left at that price.

I have good memories of that race, running it in 1:43 for my second fastest half-marathon in 32 tries. The beer afterward was really good, too. The race starts and I think ends in Grant Park. There's no details of the course on their site.

Still, I'm on the fence whether to run in it again this year or not. I think I want to get through this spring's races before making definite plans for the fall. Still, very tempting and something to think about.

No comments: