Monday, March 20, 2017

Day 3,732: Wanna run a half marathon for the cost of an overpriced 5K?


The blitz is back! I noticed a Facebook posting tonight showing great deals for the early bird registration for next year's Publix Georgia Marathon and Half Marathon!

The rates are basically 50 percent of the highest price for those events, for a limited time. Thus, $50 for the half marathon and $70 for the full marathon.

But wait, there's more! If you're an Atlanta Track Club member, you get an even bigger discount on the base price. It would cost $43.50 for the half marathon ($6.50 discount). That's basically like getting to run a half marathon (with all of the perks) for the price of a 10K or an expensive 5K today.

The full marathon would cost $60.90 ($9.10 discount). There's also an online fee of less than $4 as well.

It reminds me of when I signed up for the 2016 Publix Half Marathon for $38.80, after the track club purchased the event. It turned out to be even greater deal for me after I set a PR of 1:42:40.

Despite the great price I think I'll be skipping the race again, since I have other races around that time next year already mentally marked on my calendar.

But don't miss it if you're thinking of toeing the line again!

No comments: