Sunday, October 30, 2016

Day 3,591: Going to get free Mizuno shoes (as a shoe tester)!


There are some benefits to not doing a long run every Sunday. Today I had a 7-mile run on the list but when I went out, I wasn't feeling it, so I came back early.

And during that time when I should have been running, I saw a post from the Atlanta Track Club that their main sponsor, Mizuno (who has their North American headquarters in metro Atlanta), was seeking shoe testers at the track club's offices in two weeks.

Basically, you sign up for a two-hour slot and test 11 different pairs of shoes, running in each for up to 5 minutes and then you say what you like or dislike about them.

And the best part of it is ... you get to take home the shoe model that you like! Easy peasy.

Luckily there was a time slot left that I could do this (when the little ones are in preschool). The rest of the slots went quickly, like within an hour after I signed up.

This will be great for me, since even though I lived for more than three years in Osaka, Japan, where Mizuno is headquartered, I've never tried any of their shoes. And I've always been on the lookout for any shoe that meets my needs.

Can't wait!

No comments: