Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Day 3,580: Back to the Silver Comet


HIRAM, Ga. -- It's been 10 days since I ran in the Bank of America Chicago Marathon and I came out with the littlest one today to do a few miles on the Silver Comet.

I'm only realizing this now but I can't believe it's been a year and a half since I last ran on this trail that stretches from Smyrna all the way to the Alabama border.

My legs still were sore from the race but just yesterday I had a decent breakthrough -- the ability to run 10-minute miles instead of the 11-minute miles that I'd grown accustomed to after injuring my right shin after the Sept. 10 Craft Classic Half Marathon.

My cadence is still mincemeat -- I don't know how I can have a 0 step per minute cadence in spots through the run. Just a sign I'm not out of the woods yet.

Still I plugged along the trail. Everyone was pretty friendly today -- a few cyclists and walkers. I was pretty happy to also see the smart car of the Paulding County Sheriff's Office cruising the trail (it came by going and coming back to the car).

Time: 10:56 a.m.
Temp: 73 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirt, short, shorts, Nike Free RN Distance.

No comments: