Sunday, October 11, 2015

Day 3,206: Ten miles at the beach


PENSACOLA BEACH, Fla. -- I had a perfect opportunity to run in a 5K race during our Florida vacation (it would have been my first race of any kind in that state) but I decided not to at the last moment because I still had some glute/hamstring soreness just a week after running in the Michelob ULTRA 13.1 Atlanta half marathon.

It freed me up for a long run on Sunday and it turned out to be a treat, a nice flat run with very cool weather and for the most part, not many other runners out. Doing a long run in a place I wasn't very familiar reminded me of my 10-mile run in Munich last year.

I started about five minutes after sunrise, which was good since for the first two miles or so I didn't have to worry about the sun and after the 5-mile turnaround, I had the sun at my back.

After the workout was over, I could look forward to eating some nice food, reading about how people did in the Chicago Marathon and taking a dip in the pool!

Time: 6:50 a.m.
Temp: 61 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirt, short (Champion blue), shorts, Skechers Go Run 3.

This actually was from a shorter run the day before but you get the idea of the running conditions here.

No comments: