Friday, August 21, 2015

Day 3,155: My box of nuun, reviewed

You get 3 flavors in nuun's 63-count box. These are my favorites, from left to right.
After this morning's easy 6-mile run I finished the last of the 63-count nuun box that I bought from Costco at the end of May. The deal -- 63 tablets for $16.99, shipping included -- is still available until Sunday.

When I got the box, the only nuun flavor I'd tasted was grape, which I purchased in a 12-pack tube from Big Peach Running Co. in Decatur prior to running in last year's Honolulu Marathon. This box had different flavors -- lemon lime, strawberry lemonade and tri-berry.

Lemon lime turned out to be my favorite and the others grew on me as I tried to make lemon lime last as long as possible.

What was great was that I found myself drinking (nuun) water more, and I bought a reusable 16-ounce water bottle for that purpose.

Gone were the days that I would have to haul packs of Gatorade from Costco in the summer and have to drink a product that I considered heavy and something that I would not normally drink if I weren't running on hot days.

I found the nuun tablets to be light and pretty refreshing. They have great portability for travel -- I brought a single tablet with me to Oregon last week and drank it after running in the Bowerman 5K.

Perhaps in the future I'll try new flavors but I'm glad this deal was available to get me through the dog days of summer (and beyond).

No comments: