Thursday, April 16, 2015

Day 3,030: A warm fuzzy


Today I drove by Phidippides to pick up my first place for age group (40-44) medal for the inaugural Atlanta Dogwood Festival 5K.

The race only gave out awards for first place in age groups so I didn't even think to stick around for the awards after I crossed the finish line. Frank let me know in the comments section that I won my age group, so thanks Frank!

It's the first time that I won my age group since the 2011 O'Highlands Jig and Jog 5K. It's a warm fuzzy, since the award comes after a hard year of marathon training and I'm hopeful for my progress in the months ahead.

2 comments:

Frank McDonald said...

Nice bling! Thanks for the acknowledgement and link to my blog, and congratulations again on your AG win. I will be trying beet juice an hour or two before my 10K race this weekend!

kurokitty said...

Thanks!