Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Day 3,021: Another beautiful stretch of the Silver Comet



ROCKMART, Ga. -- It's been three weeks since I ran with the double stroller on the Silver Comet and thankfully today the weather was nice enough to give it another try.

Today's section began at the Don Williams Trailhead, which is about halfway between Rockmart and Cedartown probably about 20 miles from the Alabama border.

I'd never been to this section so I wasn't sure what to expect. I even was wary of leaving my car at the trailhead parking lot (although the porta-pottie that accompanies the lot seemed pretty new and well-taken care of).

We set off east back toward Rockmart, passing along idyllic farms, really green grass and cows. One stretch was partially flooded from the recent rain.

It kind of reminded me of places I've run in Europe. The only people on the trail today were a few bikers just before our turnaround at 2.72 miles. Near there also was a Corgi that came out of his home to chase us for a few feet.

In all it was a 5.5-mile run and I was grateful for the change of pace with the double stroller. When we got back, the car was fine. It wasn't anything I needed to worry about.

Time: 11:17 a.m.
Temp: 66 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirt, short (CS yellow), shorts, Nike Zoom Air Pegasus+ 31/A.

No comments: