Friday, December 5, 2014

Day 2,897: 2,000 miles for the year

In the middle of it all, I ate a giant burrito and two beers. Then I went an found a geocache.

By the time I got home, I ran seven miles and crossed 2,000 miles for the year, something I've never one before.

I knew that with all likelihood I'd cross this mark for the first time, what with almost being in a perpetual training mode that has lasted the entire year.  I thought I would cross it during the Dec. 14 Honolulu Marathon but being able to ramp up my running for the last few weeks did the trick.

My legs were pretty tired from the 12-mile run the day before. I broke out my Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 31s -- which I hadn't used since the Oct. 26 Marine Corps Marathon -- to give me a little more traction on all the wet leaves around town.

Plus the shoes offered a little more support -- I gave my right ankle a little twist after running my Skechers Go Run 3s on a small rock while running around Piedmont Park yesterday.

Time: 11:42 a.m.
Temp: 55 degrees
Gear: T-shirt, short (Inman 5K 2009), shorts, Nike Air Zoom Pegasus+ 31.



No comments: