Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Day 2,894: A (half) sockless run

My schedule didn't let me get to my 4 x 1.5-mile intervals (1/4-mile recovery) until the middle of the afternoon. This was good, since the temperature was 70 degrees by then, giving me another warm weather workout.

But when I got to the park, my left foot felt funny in the running shoe. I stopped off at a picnic table and tried to adjust the shoe. When that didn't help, I removed the sock and then put the shoe back on, hoping it would have a little more space.

That seemed to work so I did the rest of my workout that way. When it was finished, I came back to the picnic table, picked up the sock from its hiding place and then ran home.

I did pick up a blister on the inside of my left foot from where it rubbed against the shoe stitching. Also, oddly enough, I got a couple of hot spots on the small toes of my right foot. I'm hoping this is the right shoe for 26.2 miles.

Time: 2:37 p.m.
Temp: 70 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirt, short (Marine Corps Marathon, "Mission Focus"), shorts, Skechers Go Run 3.

No comments: