Saturday, December 28, 2013

Day 2,553: A natural "30"

Last month when I ran in the Atlanta Track Club Thanksgiving Half Marathon, I did something that I hadn't done since August 2012 -- I ran 30 miles in one week.

I was surprised it had been that long, especially since I ran in the 2012 version of the half marathon -- 13.1 miles could be a huge chunk of 30 for the week.

This week, however, I did something that was equally rare -- I ran 30 miles for the week, but in a week in which I had no races.

Having parents and in-laws over obviously freed me up to go longer during several days. I ran to Candler Park, enjoyed running along the Publix Half Marathon course to the edge of Georgia Tech and put in a run to Atlantic Station, along a training route that helped me complete two marathons in 2010.

It was nice to see that my running is still doing ok and that maybe I will be able to do longer distances in the months ahead when the little one starts preschool.

Time: 9:46 a.m.
Temp: 46 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirt, long (Atlanta Half Marathon 2011), T-shirt (Be the One run), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 30.

No comments: