Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Day 2,486: Wearing the Nike Air Pegasus+ 30s!


Yesterday when I was out for a 5.1-mile run, my right knee felt a little funny. Usually when that happens, it's time to wear a new pair of shoes.

So today I broke out my new Nike Air Pegasus+ 30s, which I've had for three weeks but haven't worn yet. I was hoping to get my current pair, my second pair of 29s, to 500 miles but they are only at 434 miles.

And for the last week or so when we were on vacation, I wore my trusty cheapo pair of Adidas shoes that I bought at Costco for $30 many moons ago. These shoes have been great -- I wore them as my regular walking shoe on the trip and ran in them. They have nearly 333 miles on them so their use has been a bargain at less than a dime a mile.

With less than a full week before the Atlanta 10-Miler, I'm hoping I can break in the new shoes, although they were pretty wearable today. It felt like running on a cushion of air! I tend to forget about that cushioning as the miles pile on.

Time: 9:30 a.m.
Temp: 61 degrees
Gear: T-shirt, short (2011 Va-Hi 5K), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 30.

No comments: