Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day 1,991: Will run for a bobblehead!

I've run for a lot of things in my life, but never for a bobblehead.

Yet today it was just something I had to do. I had the free time and it was within range, so on a very hot afternoon (it was about 93 degrees) I headed out with a dollar in my pocket.

I got to the $1 ticket line about 45 minutes before it ultimately opened. I felt OK with my chances of obtaining a ticket to the Yankees-Braves game for that super discount price. Turner Field ended up opening the gates for ticketholders about 15 minutes before the discount window opened.

Still, the Delta Air Lines giveaway was 20,000 bobbleheads. Certainly it would be within reach.

My turn in line came and I traded my dollar for a crisp ticket, which I used to enter the park. Sure enough, there were bobbleheads galore! I got mine and put it in a Publix plastic bag that I saved just for this occasion.

I made sure I hydrated, ate some ice cream and watched some batting practice before I decided I should head home -- before it got dark and before the rain came.

The run back wasn't too bad, considering I was carrying a plastic bag with a box on the way back.

It ended up being 9.01 miles, which is the longest run I've done since the March 18 Publix Georgia Half Marathon. This was my second run for the day, which totaled 10.84 miles.

It was worth it. The attendance was 48,938. I'm one of the lucky 40.8 percent of fans who walked/ran away with a bobblehead!

Time: 3 p.m.
Temp: 93 degrees
Gear: Tech T, short (Cherry Blossom, white), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 28.

1 comment:

Gnome said...

Cool, glad you got the bobblehead and escaped before the rains came!