Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day 1,932: I've registered for the Father's Day 4-Miler! (and once again a member of the Atlanta Track Club)

While procrastinating going to bed, I decided to see if registration was open for the June 16 Father's Day 4-Miler.

Last year's race was extremely fun, plus the technical T-shirt they handed out is one of my favorites.

So it was a no-brainer that I would want to run in the race this year, especially as a brand-new father.

The event is free for Atlanta Track Club members but costs for non-members. But if you aren't an ATC member you have to purchase a race package that includes a T-shirt but also a ticket to the Orioles-Braves game that day.

If you're an ATC member, you can purchase the T-shirt and/or Braves ticket separately.

So I hemmed and hawed and decided to just join the Atlanta Track Club. This move would have been beneficial if I'd done so in February so I would have had an automatic entry to the July 4 Peachtree Road Race.

But it's for a good cause and if I really want to go see the Orioles play, I think I can get tickets to the game for much cheaper than what they're selling on StubHub.

No comments: