Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 1,906: The 2013 Publix Georgia Half Marathon registration blitz!

For the last two years, I've had a little secret regarding the Publix Georgia Half Marathon.

I never paid full price. For the race that happened Sunday, people were trying to buy bib numbers for as much as $92.

That's because for the 2011 and 2012 years, I took advantage of early, early bird registration specials that made the race cost as much as it does to enter a 5K.

This morning was no exception. The race registration began at 7 a.m. Even though I didn't go to bed until 1:30 a.m. or so, I had my smartphone's alarm clock set up.

So at about 6:45 a.m., I was at my computer waiting. When 7 a.m. finally rolled around, I was in!

The race cost $35, including the Active.com fee.

The hilly course is pretty brutal but for that price, why not? I can endure it another year.

No comments: