Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 1,721: Time for long sleeves

Today before the run my phone said it was 56 degrees, which meant long sleeves.

Since the streak (and this blog), I've developed a system to tell myself what I should wear during a run.

Over 70 degrees: Technical T-shirt, short sleeves
60-70 degrees: Cotton T-shirt, short
50-60 degrees: Long sleeve T-shirt, cotton
40-50 degrees: Technical T-shirt, long
30-40 degrees: Technical T-shirt, long under a cotton T-shirt, short sleeves, likely running pants instead of shorts

Anyway, that's the general rule. I've drifted away from it in the last few years knowing that I can wear less warm clothes for chillier temperatures, but usually when the season first changes, warmer is better.

Time: 8 a.m.
Temp: 56 degrees
Gear: Long sleeve T-shirt, cotton (Run the Reagan Half Marathon), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 27/A.

No comments: