Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 1,668: It's hot out!

Last night into early this morning I stayed up to watch the Braves play the Pittsburgh Pirates into 19 innings. Then, at 1:30 a.m. I went to bed.

It threw me off enough for me to have a very late start. Part of it was procrastinating that I'd have to run in the hot. Part of it earlier was procrastinating that no matter when I left it would be the same temperature as it was earlier in the morning (75 degrees).

It turned out to not be true. By the time I came back from my 4-mile run it was 90 degrees with 60 percent humidity.

The good news is, and the reason why I'm writing this, is to let myself know that even at 90 degrees, the run wasn't too bad. I ran the whole time as opposed to took little stops along the way and found that only parts of me were sweaty. I had to wipe sweat out of my eyes, it was in my hair but my back and most of my shirt was dry.

It was just when I stopped that my body turned into a furnace!

Time: 10:35 a.m.
Temp: 90 degrees (60 percent humidity)
Gear: Tech T short (CS red), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 27.

No comments: