Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 1,655: Bring out the water

Today was the first day that I brought water along with me, although I really should have the day before.

I use an amphipod bottle that carries 16-20 ounces and rests on my back as I run. It's what I used during marathon training runs and during the Bank of America Chicago Marathon last October. It works.

At about 3 miles I was in the middle of the Emory University campus and started to drink some of that cool water that I carried along with me. I knew I'd have probably another mile or so before I would head back, so I drank about half of that.

In Lullwater Park, I drank all but a swallow of the bottle. I'd hoped that I'd find a water fountain out here or even somewhere outside on the campus but no such luck.

It didn't matter as after drinking the water, I felt pretty cool inside and my outlook was pretty good.

Once I got back I was pretty happy to have air conditioning and all the cool drinks I could gulp down.

Time: 8:01 a.m.
Temp: 84 degrees (77 percent humidity)
Gear: Tech T, short (Chicago Marathon), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 27.

No comments: